Thursday 15 August 2013

Happy Independence

I sometime feel lucky, in fact very lucky for I am free:
I am free to roam, to feed, to enjoy and to do my own thing.
                I remember those who didn't have this opportunity, who couldn't have fun of life. Who couldn't encash their time and who did not get what they wanted.

                I salute those martyrs who sacrificed their family, their dreams and their personal life for the country. They put the country above their personal interests, what a great breed of men they were.
                But independence has not served it’s purpose yet. Problems that were there in 1947 are still there; Poverty, Corruption, Unemployment, Nepotism, Castism and so on and so forth. The dream of a happy and prosperous India is still but a dream.
Is the freedom necessary? I ask with myself; yes! An emphatic  yes. Because we can celebrate, we can enjoy, we can unfurl the tricolours and have laddoos. But we have no sense of freedom, many a times we cross the limit.
India is a big network of more than 125 cr people. A few changes are required to fulfil the dream. We can, we easily can but who we are is a question worth asking.

                I am Indian and who you are? Decide and do the required.

                                                                           -Gappu Chaturvedi 

No comments:

Post a Comment